Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A pre-post to the posting of my upcoming review, Love Never Dies./ Un Pre-post pour mon avis sur Love Never Dies


It's been quite some time since I last posted a review of phantom related material (the last being a complete synopsis of the novel, OK, so maybe more of a book report...there are spoiler alerts if you haven't read it yet! One of these days I will type it out and get rid of the scan, promise!) Anyway, a recent assignment in my composition class required me to write a review on a product/film of my choice and naturally, I chose to write about Love Never Dies. As opposed to seeing Webber's sequel as something to be shunned and despised, though I admit it didn't hold up to his original work, (nothing ever really does, at least, not for most people) I decided to look at it through an insightful lens. Perhaps Webber wanted to make the Phantom story even more personal than he did in his original musical afterall, he didn't write the novel. I couldn't begin to cite the reasons why he chose to create a sequel (and the NPR interview wasn't too helpful) however I do know that any work holds a piece of the author within no matter what so it would be foolish of me to reject it. It is in my best interest to at least examine Webber's new work which, I must confess, I enjoyed very much (and now it has a place on my iPod playlist! Speaking of this, they should really do an Australian Cast Recording!!)

Je ne traduis pas la plupart de mes postes car j’ai pas temps, mais je vais faire cette fois ci car j’ai rien d’autre à faire (quelque chose qui est vraiment rare).Ça fait longtemps dont j’ai écrit ma première évaluation du matériel autour du fantôme (le dernier fois était un résumé complet du roman, il y a beaucoups information dedans qui peuvent ruine votre expérience littéraire si vous n'avez pas encore lu ! un de ces jours je vais tapé sure l’ordis, promis!). Quoi qu'il en soit, un devoir récente dans ma classe de composition m'a obligé à écrire un avis sur un produit / film de mon choix et, naturellement, j'ai choisi d'écrire un avis sur Love Never Dies. Au lieu de voir cette suite comme quelque chose qui doit être évité, j'ai décidé de le regarder avec une opinion ouvert. Peut-être Webber a voulu rendre l'histoire du Phantom encore plus personnelle avec cette suite car il n'a pas écrit le roman. Je ne pouvais pas commencer à citer les raisons pour lesquelles il a choisi de créer une suite (et l'entretien NPR n'était pas trop utile) mais je sais que tout travail tient un morceau de l'auteur dedans donc sa serait insensé de moi de le rejeter. Il est dans mon intérêt de moins, examiner ce nouvelle travaille de Webber qui, je dois l'avouer, j'ai beaucoup apprécié (et ce qui est maintenant sur ma liste de lecture sur mon iPod! En parlant de cela, ils devraient vraiment faire un Cast Recording australien!)



No comments:

Post a Comment